Saturday, May 01, 2010

More illogic on the abortion issue

Continuing on the theme from my last post--I read some of the comments at the author's Facebook page. Few were impressive in their logical structure, but this one really made me wince: "I would never force my beliefs on other people." This statement is utterly nonsensical. In fact, it would lead to absolute anarchy, as all law is to a degree forcing our beliefs on others. For example, laws against shoplifting are forcing a belief that shoplifting is wrong on shoplifters. I don't think at all the poster is an anarchist, but I think she is guilty of really lazy thinking. Someone once said that thinking is hard work, which is why so few do it. I completely agree.

1 comment:

SINVILLE said...

"...as all law is to a degree forcing our beliefs on others." A clear reason why the issue of abortion should not be legislated.