Friday, May 21, 2010

I am discriminated against, I just know it

There is much less than meets the eye in this poll.

Who's discriminated against in America? More people say Hispanics than blacks or women, and it's not just Hispanics who feel that way.

An Associated Press-Univision Poll found that 61 percent of people overall said Hispanics face significant discrimination, compared with 52 percent who said blacks do and 50 percent who said women.

(My comment): This poll is worthless. The respondents never define what they mean by discrimination. And this sentence really shows how meaningless the poll is:

"I see it in people's faces, in the way they react," said Raymond Angulo, 66, a Mexican-born U.S. citizen and retiree from Pico Rivera, Calif. "It's gotten somewhat better, but it's still there. I feel like it's never going away.

Wow, who can argue with that? One person's semi-paranoid reaction is proof that blatant prejudice is out there. With aplogies to Descartes, I think discrimination, therefore I am discriminated against.

No comments: