Thursday, May 15, 2008

Political idiot of the week

It's no contest; Senator Arlen Specter, R-PA is the idiot of the week. (I should tell my Republican readers this is a non-partisan blog so don't assume I'm out to get Republicans). While his constituents are losing their homes, jobs, and health care, Specter has other priorities. What is his main focus today, you ask? Spygate. For those of you who aren't football fans, Spygate is the name of a "scandal" involving the New England Patriots taping the football practices of the New York Jets in the beginning of the 2007 season. Why is a U.S. Senator getting involved in an NFL matter like this? I have no idea, and no one I know seems to have any idea either. His constituents (hopefully) are starting to wonder why their Senator is wasting time and resources on something completely trivial. I have one word for the people of Pennsylvania: Recall!

1 comment:

nunya said...

Metinks pr'haps your instincts were correct:

Specter's Spygate playbook has history
By Eric Heyl
TRIBUNE-REVIEW (Pittsburgh)
Friday, May 16, 2008