Sunday, October 02, 2005

Price gouging at the pump

According to an impressive study by The Foundation for Taxpayer and Consumer Rights , the energy companies are deliberately restricting the supply of oil to boost prices. According to internal reports issued by the oil companies, a decision to deliberately reduce the supply was hatched in the late 1990s. Furthermore, according to a study by petroleum industry analyst Tim Hamilton, from January 17th to April 18th 2005 gasoline prices jumped 65 cents per gallon and refiner profits rose by 61 cents per gallon. The extra four cents went to the state in increased sales tax collection. The Foundation (they go by FTCR) found no evidence that there was an increase in the price of producing crude oil, refining oil into gasoline or diesel, or transporting the refined products to market.

This evidence seems pretty damning to me. I urge anyone who is tired of this gouging to contact their Congressman and Senators and urge an immediate investigation.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love blog reading! homebased business

Anonymous said...

New to all this blogging craze! I was actually looking for stuff on Script Consulting, but it's cool I found this. So much interesting stuff out here in the blog jungle, one could get lost. I'm a screenwriter, script consultant, and author...so I'm always on the lookout for good writing, interesting people, and new ideas. Anyway...blog on!

Anonymous said...

What's your MP up to these days?
The daily grind and political commentary of a Tri-City federal politician are being recorded on a new blog James Moore, the techno-savvy Conservative MP for Port Moody-Westwood-Port Coquitlam, launched the blog ...
Hey, I really love your blog! I am definitly going to bookmark your blog!

I have a ##work at home## Web site. It pretty much covers ##work at home## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time:-}

Chris said...

Not to mention that big oil is in charge of the executive branch of government.

Azhar Hussein said...

Hi :)

You have a great blog! I'll be sure to bookmark it and visit regularly, keep up the great work!

Please visit my site if you get some time: how can i make money

hassan said...

Hi :)

You have a great blog! I'll make sure to bookmark it and visit regularly. Keep up the great work!

Please visit my site if you get some time: Resell Rights eBooks